JDPC ONITSHA TOOK SENSITIZATION CAMPAIGN ON CLEAN ENVIRONMENT TO SCHOOLS IN ANAMBRA STATE
Our environment is very dirty. Every day, we are threatened by critical environmental issues: the air we breathe is polluted, the water we drink is contaminated, and hazardous waste sites are in every corner, gutters are littered with poisonous materials. Every street corner is a refuse dump.
Hence, JDPC Onitsha took “Campaign on Clean Environment” to schools at first instance on 14th June 2018. The campaign which consolidates our Environment Justice Programme, is targeted at the teachers and students in schools urging them to be Environmental Ambassadors (EAs) anywhere they find themselves with a slogan “Become an Environmental Ambassador STAR” (See, Talk, Act and Remove). This move speaks UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Goal 6 “Clean Water and Sanitation for All.”
So far, we have sensitized 10 schools with over 3,000 students, and more than 150 teachers have also been reached and sensitized. Already visited schools are:
1. Seat of Wisdom Secondary School, Nkpor.
2. Trinity Secondary School Onitsha.
3. Regina Pacis Secondary School, Onitsha.
4. Holy Family Secondary School, Nkpor.
5. Holy Trinity Primary School (Basilica), Onitsha
6. Queen of the Rosary College (QRC) Onitsha
7. Governmental Technical College, Onitsha
8. Washington Memorial Grammar School, Onitsha
9. Modebe Memorial Secondary School, Onitsha
10. Ado Girls Secondary School, Onitsha
The environmental sensitization activity is still on course, and many other schools have been notified for the campaign on clean environment.
Unless we pick the thrashes on the ways, we are not safe. The future of our children is bleak and not bright.